Henry Keller (b.1869-d. 1949) View of Cleveland
-Wade Memorial Chapel in Lake View Cemetery dedicated to memory of Jeptha Wade, founder of Western Union.
-Henry Keller returns to Cleveland after three years of study in Germany.
-George Adomeit and W.H. Webster establish Caxton Engraving Company. Adomeit died in 1967.
-Fischer and Jirouch established as maker of decorative architectural relief sculpture. Did work for public buildings, theaters and churches. Company was sold in 1956 and again in 1977.
-Keller spends first summer painting on family farmland in Berlin Heights. He also begins teaching watercolor painting at the Cleveland School of Art.
-Group Plan recommended 500 ft. wide mall and the placement of major buildings:
· Cuyahoga Court House (1911)
· Cleveland City Hall (1916)
· Public Auditorium (1922)
· Cleveland Public Library (1925)
· Board of Education (1930)
-Rose Iron works Inc., fabricators of art and industrial metals, founded.
-Cleveland School of Art opens a new building in University Circle, housing the largest art gallery in the city.
-American Greeting Corporation began as a one man card jobbing business. By 1993 was the world’s largest publicly owned manufacturer and distributor of greeting cards.
-William Sommer begins working at Cleveland Lithograph company, he meets William Zorach. He died in 1962. Zorach died in 1966.
-Abel Warshawsky leaves for a two-year stay in Paris, encountering impressionist and post-impressionist paintings. He died in 1962.
-Keller’s summer school is officially open at Berlin Heights and remains active until the early 1920’s attracting August Biehle, Clara Deike – died in 1964 William Eastman, Grace Kelly – died in 1953, and Frank Wilcox – died in 1964.
-Horace Potter establishes Potter Studio.
-Two design companies merge to form the Rorimer Brooks Studios.
-NELA PARK one of earliest planned industrial parks in the nation opened. By 1995 it served as world headquarters of General Electric Lighting.
Rose Iron Works, Inc. designed by Paul Feher, Art Deco Screen, 1930, Wrought iron and brass with silver and gold plating, 61.5” x 61.5”. Loaned to the Cleveland Museum of Art. The Rose Family Collection.